At A1Pigeons (“A1Pigeons,” “Our,” “we,” or “us”), we value our users’ privacy as we know that you care about how your personal information is used and shared and we take that seriously.
This Policy applies to the A1Pigeons Site and Services, and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of this Site and Services, you are therefore consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
We gather various types of Personal Information from our users, as explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Information internally in connection with our Services, including to personalize, provide, and improve our Services, to allow you to set up a user account and profile, to contact you and allow other users to contact you, and to analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Policy at any given time. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page. If at any point in time A1Pigeons decides to make use of any personally identifiable information on file, in a manner vastly different from that which was stated when this information was initially collected, the user or users shall be promptly notified by SMS, messages or email. Users at that time shall have the option as to whether to permit the use of their information in this separate manner.
Information We collect
There are 2 types of data:
- “Personal information” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we hold about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your contact information such as your age, name, image(s), email address, telephone, IP address, mailing address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
- “Anonymous data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons.
We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data and a few other categories of information, from a few different sources, as described below.
- Information you provide: We receive the information you provide to us when you:
- Create an account with us to log in to our Service, we may collect certain Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, phone number, email, username, profile picture or Avatar, and other information you choose to mention in your profile;
- Account information, such as username, password, and other log-in details used to access the A1Pigeons service;
- Interests and usage, including information about your interests (if you add any) and how you use the Service, such as searches you make, events you are interested in, the feedback you give and or that are given about exchanges and User Generated Content, actions you take and the time and frequency of use.
- Communications that we exchange with you when you contact us with questions or feedback, including feedback about the service or about interacting with other users.
Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this may limit the features of the site or Services you can use.
- Automated information collection
We may collect certain information (which does not identify you as an individual) about your use of the Service through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Links: The Service or contents made available on the Service may include links in a format that enables us to track whether IP addresses have followed these links. We use this information to improve the quality of our products and design.
- Beacons: Beacons (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) are 1×1 single-pixel graphics that allow us to count the number of users who have visited or accessed the site and to recognize users by accessing our cookies. We may employ beacons to facilitate the site administration and navigation, track users’ actions, compile aggregated statistics about site usage and response rates, and provide an enhanced online experience for visitors to the Service.
- Usage and Log Data: We collect data about your activity when making use of the A1Pigeons Service. This includes data about your activity, including but not limited to how you make use of the Service, and how you interact with other users when making use of the A1Pigeons Service.
- Analytics Services: We use third-party analytics services (“Analytics Services”), to help analyze how users use our Service. The information generated by the cookies or other technologies about your use of our Site and/or A1Pigeons Service (the “Analytics Information”) is transmitted to the Analytics Services. The Analytics Services use Analytics Information to compile reports on user activity.
- Direct messages communication
The platform may provide certain features that enable private communication. For example, you can use our message feature to have a private conversation with another user. We do not record users’ conversations nor do we permit such by another user without the explicit authorization when they make use of the direct communication feature on the A1Pigeons Service.
What we use your personal information for
Generally, A1Pigeons uses the information gathered to provide, improve, and develop our Site and the Services we provide to you, to communicate with you, to offer you a better service, and to protect us and our users. When you interact with or make use of the A1Pigeons Service, we use a variety of technologies to process the personal information that we collect about you for various reasons.
- Create, maintain and secure your A1Pigeons account;
- Identify you as a user of our service;
- Operate the A1Pigeons Services, Site and business;
- Personalize your experience with our products and services and we may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our Site and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. The personal information we collect allows us to customize our services according to the users’ interests and enhance their experience while using our services. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of possible products and/or services that may be available to you from us;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials and for other marketing purposes;
- Increase and maintain the safety and security of our Site, services and community and prevent misuse;
- To understand, diagnose, troubleshoot, and fix issues with the A1Pigeons Service
- Communicate with you and provide customer support;
- Operate, evaluate, develop, manage and improve our Service (including operating, administering, analyzing and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications; performing accounting, auditing, billing reconciliation and collection activities and other internal functions);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- To fulfill contractual obligations with third parties, for example, licensing agreements and to take appropriate action with respect to reports of intellectual property infringement and inappropriate content.
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and policies, including this Privacy Notice and our Terms and conditions of Service.
Personal information that we share
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share personal information collected through the Service because we are committed to maintaining your trust, except as described below:
- Service Providers: We may provide collected data to our service providers. They may use your data to perform services for us and may have access to, store and process your personal data to provide services on our behalf.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates: We may share personal information or any information collected through the site with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Merger and Acquisition: We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through your usage of our Service to third parties who acquire all or a portion of A1Pigeons’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Compliance with laws: We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the site and your usage of the A1Pigeons Service if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, in response to a request from government officials, law enforcement authorities or a valid subpoena, or as necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including without limitation to prevent, investigate, detect or prosecute any criminal offense or attack.
- Consent: We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
Right of access, modifications, retention and deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the A1Pigeons Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the A1Pigeons Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. Nevertheless, in compliance with applicable law, you have the privilege to exhibit certain rights over your data such as the right to:
- Confirm whether A1Pigeons is processing any information about you and to restrict how we make use of your Personal Information;
- Get access to or receive a copy of your Personal Information electronically or have us send such Personal Information to another organization (the right of “data portability”).
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we have the right to keep some of your Personal Information for as long as you are a user of the A1Pigeons Service. If you request, we will delete or anonymize your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain Personal Information, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we need to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
You understand that we will process all such Personal Information requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, A1Pigeons will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Unsubscribe or opt-out
If you have subscribed to our e-mail and electronic newsletter communications, you will always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from future communications by logging into your account and modifying your preferences. You will also have the opportunity to “opt-out” of commercial e-mail from the applicable A1Pigeons Service by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly. A1Pigeons will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
If you opt-in to receive push notifications via the site, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate push notifications and alerts at any time by changing your device settings or, changing the site’s settings.
Keeping your data safe
As a matter of policy, we are committed to protecting your data and as such, A1Pigeons implements commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect personal information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or destruction.
Unfortunately, Internet communication can never be fully secure or error-free, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of information you provide to us. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure. Please be cautious of the information you share with us on the Internet.
We use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, and we protect your information offline by keeping the computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information in a secure environment. A1Pigeons is not responsible for the bypassing of privacy settings or security measures of the Service, or of third-party websites. We do not control the actions of users on the platform, who may attempt to record or share content or communication without other users’ authorization.
Links to other websites and resources
Children under the age of 13
A1Pigeons is not directed to and does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of thirteen (13). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of thirteen (13), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database, or in the alternative, that verifiable parental consent is obtained for the use and storage of such information.
California privacy laws
Acceptance of terms
How to contact us